The Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District established the small grant program to advance our Long-Range Business Plan for 2016-2020 by leveraging District funds through conservation-related work and education carried out by other organizations and individuals within Washington County. All project Applications must show a clear public benefit in one or more of the following: pollinators or beneficial insects; native and/or water-wise landscaping; school and community gardens; conservation-related events and education; and stormwater management.
1. For-profit and non-profit organizations
2. Educational institution
3. Government agencies
4. Native American tribes
The Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District is an equal opportunity employer, providing services to the public without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status.
Fiscal year 2018 overview
• Grant awards up to $5,000.
• The deadline for submission of Applications is 2:00 pm on the 10th of each month.
• Notice of award by the 20th of the following month.
Project must meet these criteria to receive funding:
1. Must advance the mission of the District.
2. Must address one or more of the following:
- a. Pollinators or beneficial insects
- b. Native and/or water-wise landscaping
- c. School and community gardens
- d. Conservation-related events and education
- e. Stormwater management
3. The project site must be in Washington County.
4. Must provide a clear public benefit.
The deadline for submission of Applications is 2:00 pm on the 10th of each month. Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Small Grant: TSWCD Small Grant Guidelines
Small Grant Application: TSWCD Small Grant Application
Applicants are encouraged to call with questions about the Application process, the District expectations, terms of the agreement, payments, reporting requirements, etc.
Contact: Chantel Huff 503-207-7954 Chantel.email@example.com