- Assess watershed conditions, identify resource concerns, and select strategies to help natural resources meet standards and all beneficial uses;
- Provide technical assistance to help private landowners install conservation practices to meet natural resource goals and their own objectives;
- Increase the public’s knowledge of and involvement in natural resource issues and solutions; and
- Deliver conservation programs and services to individuals, groups, and other governments.
Vision of the Tualatin River Watershed
The vision toward which the District strives is to have a clean and healthy watershed that supports all beneficial uses for people, fish, and wildlife; a vibrant economy; and livable communities.
Vision of the District in the Next Five Years
- The District will be recognized and respected by Washington County residents as a key provider of natural resource services and information.
- The District shall be equipped to address local resource concerns with adequate funding; a highly skilled staff; and established, effective relationships with groups, agencies, and individuals.
- The District shall be recognized as vital to create sustainable communities, a sound environment, and a strong economy.
- County residents shall support the leadership of an enthusiastic Board and acknowledge the District’s contribution to maintaining a high quality of life in Washington County.
How can I Help Make This Vision Happen?
- Learn more about resource concerns here in Washington County.
- Attend a class or event to hone your conservation know-how or volunteer with a local partner.
- Become a Weed Watcher and report invasive species early.
- Assess the opportunities and challenges of your small acreage site.
- Start a conservation plan to help set out goals for your land.
- Contact us for technical assistance and financial assistance in making your conservation goals a reality.
- Visit the Manure Link to find or advertise free manure and help keep nutrients out of our waterways.
- Plant trees and native shrubs along your streamside to enjoy their beauty, help cool the water, or attract wildlife.
- Keep in touch for new opportunities to be involved by joining our newsletter.