Conservation District boards are the local governing body of the Soil and Water Conservation District. Effective boards work cooperatively as a unit to plan and oversee implementation of their district’s programs.
Duties and Responsibilities of Board Members:
- Attend and actively participate in all board meetings.
- Come to meetings prepared.
- Carry out committee responsibilities.
- Keep abreast of local conservation issues.
- Attend area and state meetings of the state association.
- Participate in training opportunities.
- Promote the district’s work to local landowners.
- Promote the district’s work to its constituency.
- Promote the district’s work to agencies and organizations.
- Promote the district’s work to legislators and other decision makers regarding the district’s funding.
- Identify local conservation needs and work to meet them within the limits of its resources.
- Keep its conservation district’s mission in focus.